The Technological University of Laguna de Durango offers intensive studies of short duration to train professionals with scientific, technological, and humanistic excellence. The structure of its educational process includes theory (30%) and practice (70%), which includes the development of activities in the classroom, in laboratories, industrial visits, and especially, those carried out in the company during the period of stays and practices. The study time of each career is two years, distributed in six quarters, fifteen weeks each, the last one is used in the practical stay that is done in a company.
The attributes of this model are:
- The intensity, which seeks to optimize the teaching process time.
- Learning, so that in periods of two years, the professionals required by industry and society are trained.
- The flexibility, which allows formulating the plans and programs of study, adapted to the constant scientific and technological changes.
- The polyvalence, which achieves professional training, in one or several groups of activities of the productive processes, or in general activities applicable to different branches of production.
- Pertinence, which makes congruent the plans and programs of studies with the real need of the productive plan.
Continuity, which assures graduates the possibility of pursuing higher education,
provided that they meet the requirements establishedby the corresponding Higher Education Institution.